Self Portrait in Pastels

Sunday, September 12, 2010

2-D Design Class - Fall 2007

This is the final piece we worked on in class. A collaged piece of two opposite images to make a statement. I don't know what I was going for? I just liked the Victoria Secret catalog models and the Marine soldiers.
This is a picture riddle we had to make from collaged magazine images... This is from an old country song.... "Mama's don't let your babies grow up to be Cowboys"... I believe it was Waylen Jennings that sang it.
This is a story board piece, we copied images from magazines or books. I used an old Cinderella book I had lying around. Some of the images I had to draw myself to complete the story line.
We had to make an expression with our drawing... This one is called Brain Freeze...
This is a study of images we traced and painted with acrylics. To show the compliments of color, this is turned upside down.
We painted small sections in acrylics and created some  interesting looks.
This was a fun assignment, where we traced images from magazines and collaged them on one piece. I chose to show my favorite bands like Metallica, a little bit of Country, Sparky the Sun Devil and the Gecko Lizard...lol..
More line drawings but with more shapes added.
These were experiments with line drawings, it was very easy to do..ha..ha..
This was a perspective assignment. I chose the image of a bridge that I had photographed the semester before. I really did not like this, it was to monotonous, should have chosen a different subject.
This was an Art Neuvo experiment. We had to come up with a drawing with Art Neuvo influences. I chose to use squash blossom flowers, vines, and feathers. Also, included an image of a Navajo Feather dancer.
The end result with color added. These were done in inks and markers.
Next, we did some pattern designs and fliped them over and over to some how make a unique design. This was fun to do, Dr. Rich said this is how patterned designs are developed.
This 2-D class, with Dr. Joan Rich was a lot of fun. She was an awesome teacher, she was one of the teachers who first developed the fine arts programs here at PVCC. Unfortunately, she retired after she was thru teaching this class. I wish she would have stayed a bit longer but she wanted to do her artwork. The first set of assignments we did in this class was value studies in acrylics.

No comments:

Post a Comment